SASIE Workshops in South Africa 2016
April 2016 we successfully ran our first group of SASIE workshops attended by over 40 early career researchers and PhD students from across South Africa. This year these seven workshops were delivered at Wits Business School in Johannesburg in the Gauteng province and Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University in Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape
This year’s workshops included
- A full day PhD Colloquium at Wits Business School where current PhD scholars presented their research and gained feedback from their peers and senior academics
- An Advanced Research Methods Training Workshop – Quantitative Techniques – Multivariate techniques: SEM delivered by Prof Greg Lee (Research Director, WBS, University Of Witwatersrand.
- An Advanced Research Methods Training Workshop on Qualitative Techniques led by Prof Jo Crotty (University of Aberystwyth, UK) held at Wits Business School and again at Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Advanced Research Methods Training Workshop on using LISREL led by Prof Steve Burgess of Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- A PhD/ECR Workshop on building an academic profile led by Dr Diane Holt (University of Essex) and Prof Jo Crotty (University of Aberystwyth )
We would all like to thanks the staff at these host venues for their help with these events. Feedback so far has been very positive and we are carrying forward what we learnt from these workshops into our plans for future events.
- A series of workshops to be held in Cape Town, Pretoria and Fort Hare in April 2017
- A PhD Colloquium in Essex (UK) in August 2016